Clean NRG Solar is proud to announce Clean Energy Council’s (CEC) Approved Retailer Status every year for the last 5 years.
Clean NRG Solar is one of the selected few businesses who have made this commitment to the code. It is designed to give consumers peace of mind when making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them choose a quality solar retailer.
Clean NRG Solar has qualified to become a signatory to The Clean Energy Council’s Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct, which is currently the only solar industry code of conduct authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
What does this mean for our valued clients?
- Assurance that Clean NRG has gone through a rigorous process to become an Approved Solar Retailer.
- A standard minimum warranty period of five years on all solar panel systems.
- Detailed information on the process between installation and network connection.
- Peace of mind that Clean NRG will adhere to all existing legislation and regulations and our sales team will act ethically and not engage in any misleading or dishonest tactics.
- Piece of mind if you have any issues the CEC will act on your behalf.
**Please be aware that any solar business can become a CEC member (by paying a membership fee) however, very few companies have successfully met the criteria of becoming an approved solar retailer.
Make sure your installer is a CEC Accredited electrician, this is a requirement by the ‘Clean Energy Regulator’. The full install must be completed by CEC Accredited electrician and not just signed off at the end.**
Customers can expect that a CEC Approved Solar Retailer will:
- ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times
- not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising and sales tactics
- provide you with the necessary information in writing to enable full education about your purchase prior to entering into a contract
- uphold your legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds and give you the opportunity to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund where changes are made after contract that is not approved in writing
- provide a standard minimum warranty period of five years on the operation and performance of the whole PV system including workmanship and products, and address any problems arising during this period
- fully inform you of the process between system installation and network connection or will facilitate this process on your behalf
Documentation and general business
- ensure that you are provided with the required documentation after the PV system is installed
- adhere to all existing legislation and regulations, and maintain effective internal cancellation procedures and complaint handling processes
- be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including CEC-accredited installers/designers
- have a fair and transparent complaints process, and get back to you within 21 days of making a complaint
Click here to download the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct flyer for consumers.