Commercial Solar Power
In business we are always looking at ways to add value to our products and services, we all want that competitive edge.
With most commercial solar power systems paying themselves off in less than 3 years, the return on investment is super fast.
With government rebates generous, but reducing each year, now is the time to consider solar power for your business.
Clean NRG Solar specialises in customer solutions to help your business reduce and take control of your energy overheads. Our commercial team will look at when and how you use your electricity and provide a number of options depending on your business energy profile.
To give you a general idea for small, medium and larges business solar project requirements check out our comparison below.
It’s always best to give our commercial solar specialist team a call and we can tailor a system specific to your business.
Small Commercial Solar Power Systems
- Ideal for smaller businesses such as smaller warehouses, smaller wholesalers, smaller retailers, offices, smaller medical buildings, or car wash companies
- These systems range from 6.6kW to 12.5kW.
- Average electricity production 28 to 50 units per day.
- Potential electricity savings for a 12.5kW system is around $5,800 per year
- These systems range from $6,000 to $12,000
Medium Commercial Solar Power Systems
- Ideal for larger businesses such as bakeries, food process companies, medium size warehouses, wholesalers, small swimming pools, larger retailers, offices, larger medical centres, veterinarians, sporting clubs, butchers, bottle shops and small manufacturing companies
- These systems range from 10kW to 40kW
- Average electricity production 42 to 160 units per day
- Potential electricity savings for a 40kW system is around $17,000 per year
- These systems range from $10,000 to $36,000
Large Commercial Solar Power Systems
- Ideal for larger businesses such as large bakeries, government buildings, large swimming pools or leisure centres, large warehouses, large wholesalers, extra large retail outlets, large offices buildings, larger manufacturing companies
- These systems range from 60kW to 100kW
- Average electricity production 260 to 420 units per day
- Potential electricity savings for a 100kW system is around $42,000 per year
- These systems range from $60,000 to $90,000
High Rise Apartments
This high rise building had 120 panels installed in 1 day.
That’s 31.8kw of power saving up to $15,000 worth of energy per year.
The system will pay for itself in less than 3 years.
All business’s are eligible for the Federal Government’s “Small Scale Technology Certificates” (STC’s). By installing solar energy on your business you create STC’s. You will receive one STC for every megawatt of energy your system is expected to produce until the year 2030. As an upfront payment.
In summary, depending on the size of your system and its location you will receive between $3,700 and $57,000. This incentive is discounted off the purchase price and claimed on your behalf.
Federal Government’s STC Phase Out
In addition to the general market supply and demand impacting STC prices, the Federal Government’s planned STC phase out means these incentives are set to further reduce by around 10% every year until 2031 when they are eventually phased out completely.
Your business may also be eligible for the instant asset tax right off. Now for purchases up to $150,000. Speak to your accountant to see if you qualify.
These financial incentives go a long way to reduce the initial cost of installing solar. In most cases, the savings from the energy produced is greater than the repayment of our low interest green loans available. So you can install the system with no out of pocket expenses and let your solar PV pay for itself.
Financial help – what options are there?
Clean NRG Solar are approved Verdia Finance partners. Verdia utilises Westpac’s Energy Efficient Finance Program. This program combines energy expertise and network of leading energy equipment vendors, with financial know-how from the world’s most sustainable bank. This means that there are many options available if you perhaps don’t have the cash upfront to pay for your solar panel project.
Let’s talk a little about some financial details, if you choose to go down that path..
- For the amount you are likely to need for a commercial solar project, most of the time no financials are required. You just need to prove you have been in business for more than 2 years and you own the property.
- Interest rates are between 3.8%* and 5.85%* – depending on the length of the loan.
- Loan terms vary between 60 months and 120* months.
* these figures were accurate at time of publishing but can change at Verdia’s discretion
Saving money on overheads. The potential to save tens of thousands of dollars a year is there for you, just by installing solar.
Its also about the environment. By installing solar your business is reducing its carbon footprint and getting green credentials with your clients.
A massive return on investment of up to 50% means a super fast return on investment. Businesses pay more per unit for power and use a majority of power during the day, so the return on investment (ROI) is amazing.
The government has recently increased its instant asset write-off threshold from $30,000 to $150,000. Valid until 30th June 2020.
Perth is one of the best places in the world to install solar power systems for businesses, with so many sunny days it’s the best place for excellent solar yields.
Your business will remain in an advantageous position after installing your solar power system, hedging against any power price rises.
A potential to reduce your business’s energy costs by over 60% the numbers help make the decision very easy and the system is paid off very quickly.
Adding value to your business. You will be able to get the return on this investment for many years to come.
Great for the planet
Get green credentials for your business by installing solar.
Great for your wallet
Reduce your overheads and boost cashflow.
Great for business
Excellent return on investment of up to 60%.
Our Latest Commercial Projects
Queens Street Surgery
Kondinin Shire Office
Combined Monitoring Centre
Shevron Auto Accessories
Scarborough Sports Centre
Kondinin Aquatic Centre
Yes rebates are still available. However they reduce each year by around 10% and will completely disappear by the year 2030. For example, a 40 kW commercial system is eligible in the year 2020 for a federal government incentive / rebate of around $22,000 and a 100kW system is $56,000. That’s free money from the Federal Government that’s yours for the taking.
Because most business generally use their power during the day a correctly sized solar PV system can pay for itself in less than 2 years. The payback on commercial is generally always better and much faster than residential systems.
Clean NRG Solar design all their systems to last in excess of 20 years. This means we use only the best components, panels, inverters, cables, switches and conduits to protect the system from our harsh W.A sun.
Regular maintenance is always a good idea. This mostly means making sure the green light on the inverter is on while the sun is shining and the panels are clean. A panel inspection is recommended every 2 years.
For most business’s its not a viable prospect to install a battery unless you are having regular blackouts or need a backup for a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).
Clean NRG Solar seek all approvals on your behalf, Local Council, Synergy and Western Power. The process for commercial solar power systems can take 30 days, sometimes more. It’s always best to check with us as the approval times can vary.
Because your solar power system will pay for itself in less than 2 years, for companies with long leases yes it’s worth it. You may also like to speak to your landlord and ask them to help pay for it. After all it’s a long term asset for their building.